Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tortoise Shell

So im looking for modern tortoise shell eyeglass frames....round, cats eyes, even horn rim - i've always wanted to splurge on a pair, and while i dont have an actual dime to splurge with...and though my children have broken EVERY pair of glasses ive owned for the last five years (true story) i really want to just say F-it.  I mean, after all, how often do i spend $ on myself?  Next to never (maybe because i dont have any $ to spend in general)!  Ok, i know, its probably an irresponsible purchase, but i figure (as my hubby would say) "its an investment."  In what you ask?  Well how about my self esteem, which is dangerously low these days.  Im tired of being fat (yet i never work out; when i do have time, im so tired id rather sit and eat. LOL).  Im tired of my pony tail!  Im tired of my wardrobe from 5 years ago (although they have really hung in there.  Gap jeans are indestructible, right?)  And while most days i figure, as a stay at home mom, why do i need anything other than my boot cuts, a ratty t-shirt for little sticky fingers covered in maple syrup and paint, and my hair pulled back out of my eyes alla pony tail - there are days now and again, especially when said jeans are getting a bit tight (yikes) when i catch my reflection in the mirror and i cringe, or cry, or just shriek. 
To sum up, though my car may need tires, my chimney sweeping, a BBQ would be nice and helpful, so would an inspection on the car - i think new glasses is the way to go, dont you?

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Yes I do.
    I highly recommend these:
    http://www.go-optic.com/DFRAMES/IMAGES/MODO3006.jpg
    but that might just be because I'm currently wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want new frames, too! Once we get insurance that partially covers them, I'm so gonna talk Pat into letting me get new ones.

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete