Monday, July 19, 2010

Remembering You - Villanelle

Oh love of mine will you return?
I know, you've left but please recall
i caught your eye and heart did earn.

Caught your eye when tears did burn
caught your cheek when tears did fall
caught my breath on earth and fern.

Yet, my breaking heart you cannot discern
pressed above your frame, slender and tall?
Dont tell me here i'm not free to yearn,

Away from you im not free to yearn!
There broken fists splash the wall;
Oh love of mine will you return?

Like wintry ice your fingers burn
Dont touch me there my faith's too small.
Oh love of mine, too late i've learned.


The wind blows my hair and my dreams will churn
beneath these trees once and for all.
On i grope beneath this canopy, my urn.
On i remain until, my love, you return.

No comments:

Post a Comment