Friday, June 24, 2011

"So forget the map, roll down the windows, and whenever you can pull over and have a picnic"

I think it's a beautiful thing - leaving behind all the baggage and looking for the simple things in life. The small triumphs, simple pleasures, and the joy to be found in such moments. If i can do that, then all the big crap wont matter so much. I guess its about appreciating not just what you have, but what you dont. Great things are out there to be accomplished and had - and im not saying not to try to be your best you. But maybe, there's a place to be found that leaves all the worry out of the when's and maybe's and if's...I've found things will happen in their time if you let them, and in the meantime - there is so much to revel in day to day.
This is not easily done - appreciating the space youre in - But i do believe it is possible. I remember a time when what i had was enough..."All i need is song in my heart, food in my belly and love in my family..." Family is a funny word...family can be the people you share each day with, it can be a true friend, or the people you love from afar - sometimes it was literally me, myself and I - It can be All those things really...i think i need to remember this most of all. Loneliness might be the shadow that walks in my footsteps, but i am never alone.
Anyway, I leave this bit of self reflection with a quote or two...

"Open up your plans and, Damn, you're free." J. Mraz

"Simple is Good"
"Please watch out for each other and love and forgive everybody.
It's a good life, enjoy it." J. Henson

No comments:

Post a Comment