Thursday, February 17, 2011

Losing It (Weight, That Is)

So I've got two weeks.  Two whole weeks until I leave for a fabulous long weekend in Las Vegas to celebrate my (eep!) 30th birthday.  And in that two weeks, I plan to lose between 5 (yay) and 10 (whoopie!) pounds.  Even with my half-assed dieting of late, I've gotten back to my starting point of pre-Colorado weight - 150lbs.  Not bad, but not where I want to be, either.

My thinnest "adult" weight was in senior year of high school - 135 lbs.  Now, to be fair, I wasn't finished, um how do you say, "filling out" at that point.  My breasts have grown in leaps and bounds since then, and as I've approached my 30s my weight has been redistributing itself (in pleasant ways, though, I must say).  So I think my ultimate goal of 140 lbs. is reasonable.  I can totally do this.  Course, I've been saying that for years, but this time I'm serious.  Course, I've been saying THAT for years as well, haha.

I have a teeny bikini I'd like to be able to confidently wear in Vegas, and two HOT dresses I want to look fabulous in!  So, today it begins in earnest.  Getting my ass to the gym tonight with a great friend of mine who's been egging me on to start exercising again for weeks.  Restarting the whole South Beach thing since it's worked so well for me in the past.  Hopefully journaling here about it will also help.

No more living in my head about this, and no more excuses. 

~Dorkopotamus (aka Katy)

No comments:

Post a Comment