Wednesday, April 27, 2011

21

So, I told me dear friend Kate here to go out and get the new Adele cd 21 - but now i telling everyone (ya know, all 6 of you) to get it.  Here are a few of my fav. lyrics from her new cd.

"I set fire to rain, watched it pour as i touched your face, Well, it burned while i cried 'cause i heard it screaming out your name...."

"Next time ill be braver, ill be my own savior, when the thunder calls for me, Next time ill be braver, ill be my own savior, Standing on my own two feet..."

"I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited, but i couldnt stay away, i couldnt fight it, I hoped youd see my face and that youd be reminded that for me it isnt over...."

"sometimes i wake up by the door, that heart you caught must be waiting for you..."

"Didn't i give it all?  Tried my best, gave you everything i had, everything and no less, Didnt i do it right? Did i let you down?...But go on and take it, take it all with you, Dont look back at this crumbling fool, just take it all, with my love..."


and so on and so on....how i love this cd - her voice, the music - there are days it keeps me going :)
so if you feel inclined - pick it up, give it a listen - i dare you not to find at least one song that speaks to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment