Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Aaaand Now I'm Manic and Dreaming Dreams

Well, maybe not full-blown manic, but manic enough.

It started yesterday, but was mild enough that I was like, well, maybe I'm just finally coming out of this depression and feeling better.  Wouldn't that be lovely!  And on such a beautiful day!  But the foot-tapping, leg-shaking, and doing a million tasks super quickly, were definite red alerts to the hubby and I that I might be swinging a little further up than I'd like.

Today, after a good night's sleep, I'm all:

1.  WHEE, I'M UP EARLY PLAY WITH ME
2.  WHY AREN'T WE DOING SOMETHING THIS VERY MINUTE...
3.  ...AND EVERY MINUTE THEREAFTER
4.  ENTERTAIN ME RIGHT NOW
5.  OOH LOOK SOMETHING SHINY I MUST PURCHASE IT IMMEDIATELY
6.  FIDGET FIDGET FIDGET
7.  I'M BORED YET CAN'T SIT STILL OR PAY ATTENTION LONG ENOUGH TO ENJOY ANYTHING
8.  I'M IMPATIENT WHY AREN'T YOU KEEPING UP WITH ME

Good times.  Well, if it stays at this level I can deal as long as it doesn't last longer than a few days.  At least I'm feeling perky and upbeat.  But man, can NOT sit still, and REALLY want to buy myself presents.  MUST.  RESIST.  THE.  SHINY.

During my restful sleep last night, I dreamt last night that my consciousness went back to high school and usurped my old body.  I was back in some kind of high school play, but couldn't remember any of the steps.  But I really didn't care, because I was only a bit part, and was super excited to be back in high school.  I honestly couldn't wait to do it all over again only knowing what I know now.  I've had this dream before, and I really dig it.  The idea of having so much control over my own destiny is exhilarating.  I knew who I wanted to be friends with, who I wanted to date, and how to get through it all without cracking.  I was excited to not only make positive changes in my own life, but also to help facilitate them in the lives of people I care about.  It was awesomesauce.

But then, I'm one of those people who loves the idea of traveling back in time to one's old self only knowing everything one knows now.  I think that's why I just rented 17 Again.  Yeah, it's a fluffy flick, and stars Zac Efron, but I think I'm gonna enjoy it.

~Dorkopotamus (aka Katy)

3 comments:

  1. Hehe. I know, right? Cray-cray.

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::hugs:: Ugh that's crappy. I get all wound up and want to crawl out of my own skin now and again and it's awful. Better than being lethargic and depressed, if I had to choose myself, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete