Monday, March 8, 2010

Staring into Space and the Oscars

I've found myself prone to staring off into space for hours lately.  This, along with my rapidly crashing mood, does not bode well.  Ahh, the joys of being bipolar.  I am exhausted all the time with no motivation to do simple things like shower, check the mail, etc.  Fun times.  I am pushing through it and forcing myself to get things accomplished, but man, is it hard (that's what she said).  Here's hoping my efforts, in combination with my meds, will lead to a relatively short down-period.

Last night was good times - DB came over and the three of us watched the Oscars.  We were catty and commented on all the dresses, and speeches, and whatnot.

Best Dress: Anna Kendrick (aka Kim's celebrity lookalike)
She just looked stunning.  I love the color against her skin tone, and the flowy fabric.  Such an elegant dress, especially compared to the poofy prom dresses that most of the other celebrities were sporting.


Worst Dress: Charlize Theron
She has vagina flowers ala Georgia O'Keeffe on her breasts.  'Nuff said.


Best Speech: Tie between Jeff Bridges, simply because he embodies The Dude whenever he speaks, and Sandra Bullock, whose speech was very sweet, funny, charming, and endearing.  But then, I've always liked Sandra Bullock despite her questionable movie choices.  She was my hero in Speed.


Worst Speech: Another tie.  First, the ungracious Sandy Powell who won for Best Costume Design whose speech would have been decent if she hadn't started with "Wow, well.  I already have two of these, so I'm feeling greedy" and ended with "So this is for you, but I'm gonna take it home tonight."  She meant well with her dedication to underappreciated designers, but she was just a little too full of herself.  

Then there was the weird Kanye-esque moment during the acceptance of the Best Documentary Short award by Roger Ross Williams and Elinor Burkett  (here's the story behind it if you're curious).  I don't think anyone actually listened to what Elinor Burkett had to say because they were too busy making Kanye jokes.


And hey, did anyone else notice George Clooney's I-have-a-large-stick-up-my-ass faces throughout the night?  The camera loved him, but its love went unrequited.

~Dorkopotamus (aka Katy)

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post, especially the George C. quip :) V. Good indeed. - As for me, I vote for the beautiful Sandra Bullock for best dressed and worst, probably J. Lo, everyone loved that dress but to me it looked like a quilt bunched up and wrapped around the girl. Even her hair had the fresh out of bed look, i did not get on the J Lo caboose with the rest of the fashion world. Also shout out to the men, who looked quite well groomed, epecially my man Keanu Reeves. Thats right ladies and gentlemen, I am and fan and not ashamed to admit it (much).
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete