Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why Are Driver's License Photos Always So Terrible?

In my old license photo, B below, I looked like a 45-year-old librarian.  With weird squinty eyes.  Dowdy clothes.  And a terrible haircut.

(Not that all 45-year-old librarians aren't hotties - just my version happened to be atrocious)

Whenever I had to use that one as ID, people always would glance at the photo, glance at me, and then repeat this process several more times.  I mean, I guess it's a compliment that I don't look like I'm 16 years older than I am, but the constant scrutiny got really old.

So, when it came time to renew my license I thought, hey, let's take a new picture.  Great idea, right?

Now my frigging face takes up the entire frame, as seen in A below.  I look like I have an ENORMOUS head!  Ah, well.  I suppose any improvement is an improvement...or is it?

What do you think?





New Picture








Old Picture







~Dorkopotamus (aka Katy)

2 comments:

  1. its funny cuz youre clearly thinking...keep my eyes open, do not squint...I think you look pretty no matter what (i can also hear you going...awwww barf) but seriously, pretty then, pretty now :), plus your hair looks great!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you're sweet. :)

    And you totally caught me - I was absolutely thinking "do not squint! do not squint!" the whole time. Haha!

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete