Thursday, March 11, 2010

Art Therapy

The other day I found a set of 48 crayons hidden in the back of a drawer in my desk.  I don't even know where they came from, or how long I've had them. 

They were in pristine condition - wholly unused.  They were just begging to be taken out of the box and put to paper.  I remarked upon this to the hubby, who half-jokingly suggested I get a coloring book.

Today, I updated my status on facebook to reflect my desire to color, half-jokingly myself.  And then, the most miraculous thing happened!  A friend posted this link, from which I chose this picture as the one I would most like to color.  If I were to bring myself to color.  Which I wouldn't.  Because I'm an adult...right?


I am officially 5 years old.  A Very Merry Unbirthday to me!

~Dorkopotamus (aka Katy)

3 comments:

  1. and what a fine job you did staying inside the lines :)

    ~Kim

    why is it i love this movie so much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kim Haha! I really don't think my coloring has improved much with age. But it really was fun to do.

    And to your other statement...because that movie is AMAZING!

    `Twas brillig, and the slithy toves.
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete