Friday, March 19, 2010

Cooking Endeavors and Plans with Ms. Industrious

So I attempted bolognese sauce for the first time last night, from a recipe I found in a cookbook by the awesome Ellie Krieger.  Most of her recipes have turned our splendidly so far, so I was hoping for the best.  However, this one was not so much bolognese sauce.  It's not that it was bad, per se, it just wasn't what it was advertised to be.  In my experience, bolognese sauce is a semi-creamy red meat sauce.  Apparently Ellie Krieger thinks bolognese sauce is some flavored meat and tomatoes tossed with pasta.  You see the incongruity.  Someone I know makes an excellent bolognese sauce *coughcoughKIM* and should give me some tips for next time.

In other news, I'm looking forward to tonight!  I'm going with Ms. Industrious to a dress fitting for her wedding gown!  Woohoo!  Girly time!  I can't wait to see the dress in person.  It's been a lot of fun hearing about all the planning and decision-making that's been going into planning her wedding.  I love this stuff, and I couldn't be more excited for them.  I've known the groom since high school, but have been super-close for about...7 or 8 years now?  Wow...has it really been that long already, or am I just terrible at math?  Anyways, I couldn't have chosen a better girl for him if I'd tried.  They are simply fantastic together.

Hmm...he needs a nickname, too.  I guess Mr. Industrious makes sense?  But that's too obvious.  This is too difficult.  I will have to think on it.

Anyway, all of this makes me reminisce about my own wedding.

I miss all the hoopla that comes with planning a wedding.  As stressful as it was, it was so totally worth every second of planning, every curse, every tear.  To have that one perfect, magical day marrying the person you love.  *sigh*  Memories...  Yeah, I'm a romantic sap, what of it?

Our Cake Topper

~Dorkopotamus (aka Katy)

No comments:

Post a Comment