Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life is like a box of chocolates...or something along those lines

So, we all remember how Forest's mom coined the stellar analogy "Life is like a box of chocolates...," well, i've got one for you...."Frienship is like a potlock, everyone brings something different to the table."  Come on, you know what i mean; someone brings the meat and potatoes, and we all wanna be that guy, right?  The main dish, the one you can NOT do without or it wouldnt even be a meal.  In fact, if there was nothing else brought to the table, it would be ok, cuz the meat and potato guy would be there. So, obviously i dont mean literally, like the dude is a lump, all warm and juicy on the inside, like a fine peice of meat...or fluffy and buttery like good potatoes...or maybe i do, who am i to presume you wouldn't want to be juicy and buttery...but i digress...What i mean is, the guy who bring the best stuff to the table.  Fun(ny), smart, solid.  And you know, you've got the other dishes....ones you could take or leave on any given day, but still kinda need to get by.  We all need the reliable vegetables to help us grow, to ground us, we dont always love 'em but we couldnt survive without them.  Of course there is the dessert, the people that lets us be indulgent and kinda naughty, but in too heavy a dosage bring us nothing but grief and regret.  It occured to me, after a conversation with my best besty KT, that i might not be the meat and potatoe guy, but im not the liver and onions either.  See, theres someone in my life lately who is kinda making me feel like im the liver and onions guy - no wait, even that's too good, cuz while the onions are smelly, at least the liver is good for you (right?).  What's a stupid food?  I was thinking the nachos at a bowling alley...WHATEVER, the point is - I am not the onions, not the liver, not the bowling alley reject food...if anything, I'm the soup...and im ok with that.  Not everyone loves soup, but there are days you kinda want some, or even need some....so that's me, and just cuz you might not be a soup kinda guy, doesn't mean you have to act like im yesterday's leftovers.  I'll just keep being that girl, not the hero of the dinner party, but the one you have to haul out extra bowls and spoons for.  Still, it might just be worth the effort, and hey, at least im not the guy bringing the PBR trying to be ironic and hip, i hear he is so pretentious.  :) 

~Kim

2 comments:

  1. Loved this - the analogies are brilliant!! And to be fair, I think one is different "foods" to different people. Like, you are totally "meat and potatoes" to me, even if to a group you consider yourself to be "soup" (I love soup, btw, just sayin').

    Me, I've kinda of always harbored a secret desire to be "7 layer chocolate cake" to someone else, haha. But I'm probably just...I don't know..."homemade cheese biscuits". Kinda different, totally delicious, but not quite as good as the restaurant version, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to sign my comment. :)

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete