Friday, March 12, 2010

In Which I Blog About Blogging

Blogging at least once a day is starting to prove difficult.  I mean, as fun as my foray into coloring was yesterday, it wasn't exactly blog gold.  It's my goal to keep this up for the first month as I think it'll set a good routine for the months to follow.  I really want to keep this up.  I'm finding it to be not only fun, but a mood booster; I always feel better after I write.  Plus, I've missed writing regularly so much, and this is probably the most personal non-fiction I've written, well, ever.  Which, as it turns out, is a Good Thing for me.

So, today you get a boring blog about my attempts at blogging thus far.  It seems my blogs fall into three major categories: super personal, pop culture commentary, or things I like.  I wonder which of these categories people (ha, like we have throngs of people reading our blog!) are finding to be the most interesting.  If it were me, probably the the latter two.  And yet, there are personal blogs I read that I really enjoy.  So who knows.  I'm enjoying not tying myself down to any one area - I pretty much just write about whatever I want.  Very liberating, in a way.  Although I do find it strange to have hit a day when I have nothing at all that I want to write about.  This is not to say that I don't have ideas, mind you - just none I want to write out, not yet anyway.  They'd all take more brainpower than I feel like using right about now.

So there you have it.  My very uninteresting blog about blogging.  Glad I got that out of the way.

~Dorkopotamus (aka Katy)

4 comments:

  1. A) With ya, sista.
    B) The blogs that are about nothing are my favorite, because then you never know what you're going to get. Like, I love Tavi (stylerookie.blogspot.com) but sometimes I just don't want to read about fashion so I don't check in. With personal blogs, I never know what I'm going to get!
    3) Some days, I don't feel like I have anything to say either. I always try to have at least two complete posts waiting in drafts for just those days. Don't tell anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should start keeping a few in advance too - that's a truly excellent idea.

    Also, loved that you listed your comment in the A) B) 3) format. ;)

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Babes...its ok to let a day or two get by ya....dont let the pressure of having to write something take the fun out it, cuz if you do it when you want or youre excited to say something youll keep it fun (personally) and enjoy it more. Thats the great thing about there being two of us, if the other needs a break (or breaks they comp) the other steps in for a bit. Also, who cares if every post isnt blogging gold - i love everything youve dont so far, even you pic from a coloring book. BTW, i love doing this together, but i dont want that to be pressure either. Just use this as a forum for your brilliant writing, your quick humor, and a way to vent if need be. :)
    Btw, this was a great post too!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kim

    Aww, thanks love. I don't feel any negative pressure from it - just good, healthy pressure to continue being expressive. If it ever went in the other direction, I'd take a break for a while to let my brain reset.

    And I also totally love that we're doing this together. As you would say, "It's BRILLIANT!"

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete