Monday, March 22, 2010

Cake vs. Pie - Round 3



Some surprising results from last week! 

In the Cake Conference, we had a very close call with Pound just taking the win from Angel Food, and Coffee wiping the floor with Bundt. 

In the Pie Conference, I was saddened to see Pecan kick Banana Cream's ass, but my spirits were lifted when Boston Cream* won over Peanut Butter. 

*Now, I'm curious about Boston Cream's inclusion in the Pie Conference.  Isn't it really more of a cake?  Even its Wikipedia entry says, "A Boston cream pie is a round cake that is split and filled with a custard or cream filling and frosted with chocolate.[1] Although it is called a Boston cream pie, it is in fact a cake, and not a pie.[2]"  So, although I am firmly entrenched in Team Cake, I will state now that if Boston Cream Pie takes the overall win, I will not be disappointed or upset.

Anyways, in Round 3, we have the following battles:

In Cake:  German Chocolate vs. Funfetti, and Wedding vs. Pineapple Upside-Down.

In Pie:  Pumpkin vs. Lemon Meringue, and Blueberry vs. Rhubarb.


~Dorkopotamus (aka Katy)

1 comment:

  1. I had a very intense discussion about Boston Cream CAKE with Crockett on Saturday morning. His response was basically so what, but I am so saddened by Jezebel.

    ReplyDelete