Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Miracle in a bottle, psh, if only

Ok, so i hate to admit it, but i have started using "age defying" moisturizer and face wash.  It occured to me, after three kids, v. little sleep, and a bit too much daily alcohol, that i was not getting any better looking; so when the one and only time in my life i found i had a little extra cash to spare, and i didnt have to spend it on clothes for the kids, food for the house, diapers, formula, or bills, i said "Hey, Ilm gonna treat myself to something, for me and only me!"  Feeling extremely selfish and indulgent i searched the aisles of the local music shop (Gosh, im so hip), hit a few clothing stores, gawked at a few extremely buttery purses, and finally, with a discerning eye, decided none of it quite fit the extra-special bill to spend my few pennies on.  It was a few days later i found myself wandering in the health food/vitamin section of a local organic market, staring at the many, MANY products geared toward the aging, sagging , wrinkling woman.  I knew then what my pennies were for...lifting Me, tucking ME, smoothing and delining me.  So - I bought...and by that i mean, i bought the promise, the hope of a better Looking me.  I went with a name that i knew and trusted...Burt's Bees Radiance "with royal jelly and vitamins."  And ladies, sigh, it worked.  Well, ok, it helped.  I swear, i am both synical and skeptical and yet i was pleased.  The cream clogged my pores a bit, so thats a negative, but in terms of shiny, healthy looking skin, with fewer lines/wrinkles and brighter eyes, i actually noticed a difference.  Now, i am on a mission, a quest, to find not only a cream/wash that makes my skin look younger and perkier (god if there was only such a cream for breasts), but that also does not clog pores.  I will keep you posted on my hunt, and if i find anything worth while, i promise to anounce it here. 

~Kim

3 comments:

  1. So how did the purse get buttery and why would you pay someone to butter your purse? I would be angry if you tried to butter my wallet. Money goes in there. Money plus dairy touching=gross.

    Also, grats on like all young and hot and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leather is oft described as buttery...i think it applies to soft leather...actual butter would be quite ooky and i would have to assume that some unwashed individual touched it last. I guess the question now is how do you tell the difference btw find leather and wierd manhandling? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have to get better about signing our comments, haha.

    That one was by Kim. :)

    ReplyDelete