Thursday, March 4, 2010

Girls Night and Tangents

Tonight is Girls Night - a group of about 5 girls getting together to cook, eat, and be merry.  We always do a potluck and tend to use the night as a testing ground for new recipes.  One of my favorite recipes so far has been an amazing broccoli with fresh ginger and balsamic vinegar made by the very industrious...well, actually, this brings up a good point.  What should I call people here?  Should I call them by name?  Make up names for them?  Hrmm...  For now, I think I shall call this particular friend Ms. Industrious.  Yes.  Well.  Yeah, that's kind of lame, but it's all I've got for now.

So anyways, Ms. Industrious makes this awesome broccoli dish that I never get to eat because the hubby dislikes all three major ingredients.  Especially the broccoli.  Which he is allergic to because it is somehow part of the mustard family.  Just imagine that chick from The Exorcist...that's him on mustard.  Very bad situation.

I don't often get to eat things he doesn't like/is allergic to, so on Girls Nights I really appreciate eating these forbidden foods.  Hence my love of the broccoli dish.  And so tonight I will be making something that sounds delicious to me, but he would probably hate, hehe.  Did I mention I love cooking?  Because I do. 

Long, tangental story, short...here is the recipe for Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes that I will be attempting tonight, only with russet potatoes instead.  I'll try and remember to snap some pics later as I cook.  Fun!

~Dorkopotamus (aka Katy)

3 comments:

  1. Reading this post about balsamic vinegar and my mustard allergy totally grossed me out. li'l queasy now. k.thanx bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon to be Mrs. Industrious?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ed Haha! Does that make you Mr. Industrious? You need a fun blog nickname, too!

    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete