Friday, March 5, 2010

Being a Grown-Up is Hard Work, and So is Getting into a Shape that isn't Rotund

I'm moody today.  Rawr rawr rawr.  The hubby and I spent most of this afternoon filling out an application for free health insurance through the state.  We had to do this because as of Monday, the hubby got fired from Old Job, and we consequently lost all benefits there.  Now, he does have New Job which is a Very Good Thing.  But until New Job gets up and running, we don't have steady money coming in.  Which is very stressful.  In the long run, all will be well, and New Job should afford us more money than Old Job ever did.  In the meantime, however, there is much suckage and things like applying for free health insurance while bickering the entire time.  Hence the rawr.  I hate stupid bickering.  It's not like we're mad at each other - it's just frustration and anxiety that we take out one another.  It's really dumb when you think about it, but kind of unavoidable no matter how awesome the relationship (and ours is pretty freaking awesome).

In other news, the potatoes were well-received last night.  So yayyy for that.  But I totally binged on all the yummy desserts.  Since I went away to visit the Kim, I've gained back about 2 pounds.  Boo on me!  I've totally been slacking on the diet and exercise since I got back.  New goal: gym it up this weekend at least twice, go food shopping, and stop eating crap.  I don't want to undo all hard work I've done thus far.  I mean, I'd gotten down 14 pounds since the beginning of the year - now only 12 - and that's pretty amazing.  I'm still on track for my "at least 3 pounds a month" goal, even with the weight gained back.  But I really, really want to stick with it this time so I look smoking hot for June (attending one of my closest friend's wedding) and July (vacation to San Diego and Hawaii).  I want to wear a bikini again and feel fabulous doing so.  In fact, I have already picked out said bikini:

Pretty hot, right?  Although, I gotta say that this model doesn't really have enough curves to do the bikini justice.  Me?  Just call me Curves O'Plenty.

Since this bikini is hella expensive, I am using it as a reward for meeting my weight-loss goals for June/July.  Also, for my birthday, my snarky friend whom I shall now refer to as DB (yes, that stands for Douche Bag, and yes it is appropriate), gave me a gift certificate to put towards the bikini.  Nice, right?  Well, to properly demonstrate his DB nature, I will now transcribe the accompanying card:

To:  Fat Katy
Message:  See you soon!
From:  Skinny Katy

Amazing, right?  I nearly collapsed with laughter when I read it.  And you know what?  It's kinda true.  Fat Katy's days are numbered.*

*Disclaimer:  I know I'm not a blimpazoid.  I just want to be healthier, look better in (and out of) clothes, and be generally more fit.  I'm only fat as compared to an ideal version of myself.  Trust me, I ballooned up to 190 pounds once, and on my frame, that was definitely fat.  At 158 right now, I'm just fat as compared to where I want to be.  The end.

~Dorkopotamus (aka Katy)

1 comment:

  1. It's the day for thinking about this, no? Those potatoes looked pretty freaking amazing, but when I met you so did you, so obviously you're going to succeed. YAY KATY!
    P.S. Yes, that swimsuit needs more curves.

    ReplyDelete